The Romeoville Police Department is seeking Police Officers to join our team.
The Village of Romeoville is a retail, commerical and residential community located approximately 26 miles southwest of Chicago.
The Romeoville Police Department serves a population of approximately 40,000 residents, living in a 5.1 square-mile area. The Romeoville Police Department employs 68 sworn police officers who work in 14 different specialized units.
- Annual salary range from $75,371 up to $107,417 depending on experience.
- 12 hour shifts
- Excellent benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Immediate openings
- Great community
2021 SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION:
Starting Annual Salary: Without Degree: $75,371 With Degree/Military: $81,029
After three years of service: Without Degree: $79,142 With Degree/Military: $84,989
After four years of service: Without Degree: $82,914 With Degree/Military: $88,952
After five years of service: Without Degree: $86,877 With Degree/Military: $93,288
After six years of service: Without Degree: $91,026 With Degree/Military: $97,632
After seven years of service: Without Degree: $95,366 With Degree/Military: $102,344
After eight years of service: Without Degree: $99,997 With Degree/Military: $107,417
- Medical Insurance (HMO, Dental, Vision)
- 24 hours of personal time annually
- Two weeks vacation after one year; three weeks after five years; four weeks after ten years; five weeks after 15 years; six weeks after 20 years.
- Sick Time: 96 hours, accumulative annually; 144 hours annually at 15 years; 192 hours annually at 20 years.
- Longevity stipend each year after 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years of service.
All employees must reside within 35 miles of the Village of Romeoville limits after probation time has ended.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - SPECIALIZED UNITS
- Bike Patrol
- Tactical Unit
- Field Training Officer
- School Resource Officer
- Auto Theft Unit
- Drug Task Force
- Computer Forensics
Registration forms can be found here. Forms must be completed by Friday, October 8, 2021.