Waste Management provides a branch disposal service in conjunction with their yard waste program. Residents are already paying for this service as part of the residential disposal contract with Waste Management.
BRANCH PICK-UP GUIDELINES
- Branches will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service (April 1st - Nov. 30th).
- All yard waste and branches must be placed at the curb in accordance with regular trash regulations.
- Brush and branches must measure three inches or less in diameter.
- All branches must be cut into four foot lengths or less and bundled with string or twine. The bundle total weight should be 50 pounds or less.
- As of June 1, 2019, Waste Management will take over the Village's branch pick-up service. Branches placed on the parkway for pick up must meet all Waste Management’s guidelines.
- In the event of a major storm, the Village will provide the chipper service for residents for up to two weeks after the storm. After the two weeks, usual guidelines should be followed and branches will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service.
- Residents are responsible for the disposal of any materials that do not conform to Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Seniors in need of financial assistance for tree removal should apply for funds through the Good Neighbor Fund in order to hire a contractor.
- Waste Management will not accept any limb in excess of three inches in diameter. If using a tree service for the removal of a tree, we recommend the contractor remove all the materials as well.