Romeoville Shred Event Hosted by State Senator Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant and State Representative Natalie Manley
Saturday, September 16, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Abri Credit Union, 1350 Renwick Rd., Romeoville
Free and open to the public! Event offers:
- Residential Shredding (no businesses)
- Shredding accepted until trucks reach capacity
- Do not leave cardboard boxes at event
- Medicine disposal offered by the Romeoville Police Dept.
- NO Electronic Recycling will be collected
For more information, call (815) 254-4211 or click here. 2nd Annual Cruisin' 4 Canines Bike Run Hosted by A Tail 4 Paws Animal Rescue
Sunday, September 17, 2017, Registration: 10:30 a.m., Kickstands Up: 11:30 a.m.
Register & Leave from Bar & Grill, 402 W. Weber Rd., Romeoville
Day of event: $25 per bike, $30 w/passenger. Pre-registration: $20 per bike, $25 w/passenger. To register, click here.Satellite Office Hours for State Representative Natalie Manley
Monday, September 18, 2017, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Romeoville Village Hall, 1050 W. Romeo Rd., Romeoville
These monthly meetings will be held the third Monday of each month at Romeoville Village Hall. Representative Manley encourages constituents to come meet her and discuss ongoing legislation and issues such as:
• State Services"Measuring up to 21st Century Preparedness" - A School Safety Conference Hosted by Valley View School District
• Consumer Protection
• Health and Safety
• and more!
Thursday, September 28, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Dr., Bolingbrook
Keynote Speakers: Michele Gay, Mother who lost a 1st grader in the Sandy Hook tragedy and Co-founder of Safe and Sound Schools; Dr. Stephen Sroka, part teacher, part preacher and part showman. Author of "The Power of One" and "The New Rx for Education Relationships: Keeping Kids Safe and Healthy in a Toxic Society."
Other speakers & topics:
White Oak Library presents "Boost your Immune System with Essential Oils"
- "Looking for, understanding & assessing threatening student behavior" by Eric Arnold, Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board.
- "Mental Health First Aid" by Denise Eisebree, Linden Oaks Hospital.
- "Legal Update on Current Anti-bullying Laws" by Robbins & Schwartz Law Firm.
- "Best Practices for First Responders in those first few minutes: Engaging Communities in School Safety" by Local Police Departments.
- "CIT: A Cooperative Path from Enforcement to Empowerment" by Sgt. Troy Siewert, Orland PD.
Thursday, September 28, 2017, 6-8 p.m.White Oak Library, 201 W. Normantown Rd.
The Lockport Township Park District Classes & Trips
Join Jessica Ryan, Diamond doTerra Wellness Advocate and AromaTouch® Technique Trainer, as she explains how to safely use essential oils. Learn how to boost and maintain your immune system with aromatherapy. Register with Adult Services or online by clicking here.
Teens are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
A variety of classes are offered for children, adults and seniors, including swimming, dance, child development and much more! Also check out the trip opportunities we offer. For more info. visit www.lockportpark.org or call (815) 838-3621, ext. 0.Little Explorers Christian Montessori 2017-18 School Year Registration is Open
175 High Point Drive
The Little Explorers 2017-18 School Year Registration is open for all current and prospective families. To learn more about our programs and schedule a tour, please call (815) 886-4898 or email Eileen@Little-Explorers.com. Registration information is also on our website, just click here.