The Village of Romeoville in partnership with the Red Cross, will be holding weekly blood drives at the Romeoville Athletic & Event Center located at 55 Phelps Avenue.
“Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there is a critical need for blood right now,” said Mayor John Noak. “We are happy to allow the Red Cross to use our building to stage these life saving drives.”
The Red Cross only collects blood from individuals who are healthy and feeling well at the time of donation. Donating blood does not impact or weaken the immune system. Type O donations are especially needed right now. The upcoming drives are:
• Tuesday, April 14 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Thursday, April 23 from noon – 6 p.m.
• Thursday, April 30 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Thursday, May 13 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Thursday, May 21 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Thursday, May 28 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Appointments are required in order to participate. If you are healthy, feeling well, and are eligible to give blood or platelets, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to schedule your appointment. Click here for the flyer.