Based on the rapidly evolving situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in conjunction with the closure of the Valley View School District, the Village of Romeoville has decided to implement several measures to encourage social distancing and help limit public gatherings to help slow the spread of the virus.
Please note that the following will be in effect from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 5:
- Cancellation of all Recreation programs, events and rentals at the Recreation Center (900 W. Romeo Road) and the Athletic Center (55 Phelps Ave.).
- Fit 4 Life Fitness Center will be closed March 16th – April 5th
- All outdoor recreation programs are also cancelled from March 16th – April 5th
- The Recreation Center administrative offices will remain open from 9AM – 5PM Monday through Friday (no weekend hours 3/16-4/6)
- The Athletic and Event Center administrative offices will remain open from 9AM – 5PM Monday – Friday (no weekend hours 3/16-4/6)
- Village Hall hours will remain the same – all services to be provided
Participants registered for events, programs, rentals, etc. will receive a refund based on participant status.
We would like to reassure the public that we have plans in place to ensure the continuation of critical Village operations like emergency services and the management of our municipal water and sewer systems. The Village of Romeoville continues to monitor and provide updates on our website at romeoville.org.