Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Village of Romeoville, in association with a number of other Illinois communities, offers two ways to assist people in purchasing a home. The Assist Homeownership Program provides homebuyers with a below-market fixed-rate mortgage and funds to pay all or most of their closing costs and down payment. The Mortgage Credit Certificate program reduces the homebuyer’s ongoing cost of borrowing. Together, these programs assist low to moderate income families with buying a home.
“Many people dream of owning a house,” explained Mayor John Noak. “These programs can help make that dream a reality. We want to be sure people know about the assistance that is out there and available to them.”
Anyone who wishes to apply for these opportunities must meet certain qualifications, including:
• Meet the income and purchase price requirements.
• Have not owned a home in three years.
• Meet the qualifying requirements for a mortgage loan.
• Will use the home as their principal residence.
• Will use the program for a home purchase, not refinance.
For more information on the Assist program and Mortgage Certificate program and how to apply, click here.