The Romeoville Fire Academy has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 recommendations and best practices. As of Friday 03/13/2020, it was our hope to continue offering classes for our students. As this is a fluid situation, we regret to inform you that changes have occurred as of March 16th. The recommendations are rapidly changing, and we want to be sure we are keeping everyone’s health and wellness at the forefront of our priorities.
Effective Immediately, the following classes will not be offered per their originally scheduled dates and times:
- Fire Service Vehicle Operator: March 20, 2020 (Non-BOF)
- Advanced Technician Firefighter: March 23-27, 2020
- Haz-Mat Operations: March 23-27, 2020 (Non-BOF)
- Fire Company Officer Academy: April 6-10, 2020
- Command Officer Academy: April 6-10, 2020
- Vehicle & Machinery Technician: April 13-17, 2020
- Basic Operations Firefighter: April 13-June 5, 2020
- Fire Apparatus Engineer: April 13-17, 2020
Current BOF Students: (Full-Time & Part-Time, will receive additional information from the BOF Program Lead)
At this time, the change will remain in effect until April 20th, 2020. RFA Leadership will continually re-evaluate the situation and determine if any additional adjustments need to be made. If no changes are needed, we will resume operations on April 20th.
During this time, the RFA Staffing may be reduced. We will work diligently to address any concerns or questions via email or phone as soon as possible.
For each of the classes listed above, you will receive a follow-up email once we have determined which classes will be re-scheduled or canceled completely. We will work with each agency for tuition credits or reimbursement. We truly appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time