The Village of Romeoville sends Congratulations to Citgo on their 90th Anniversary! For the last nine decades, the Citgo Refinery has been a valued employer and industry leader.
Operations at the Refinery began in 1925 with a major expansion, doubling the facility, in 1933. For over 90 years, CITGO Refinery has employed more than 750 Chicago area residents on a full-time and contract basis in support of the local economy.
In addition to producing high quality fuels for a large portion of the network of nearly 5,500 locally owned CITGO stations across the country, Citgo Refinery employees also make a major positive impact on the community. Since the introduction of the CITGO brand in 1965, serving the community and giving back through local nonprofit organizations, school initiatives, and environmental programs, the Citgo Refinery has been at the forefront. Each year, more than 2,500 volunteer hours and thousands of dollars are given in support of community programs such as Muscular Dystrophy Association, United Way and a variety of environmental and preservation programs.
CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by CITGO Holding, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.