Lewis is a dynamic, coeducational, comprehensive, Catholic university with a richly diverse student body, including traditional-aged students and adults of all ages. Inspired by its Catholic and Lasallian heritage, Lewis University offers a values-centered curriculum, rich in the Mission values of knowledge, fidelity, wisdom, and justice and guided by the spirit of association which fosters community in all teaching, learning and service. Lewis provides nearly 7,000 students with programs for a liberal and professional education based on the interaction of knowledge and fidelity in the search for truth.
Lewis University is recognized for the following:
• Ranked in the top 15 nationally as a Best for Vets school, being in the top 2 among private schools and the # 1 private in Illinois.
• Flyer teams have captured 86 GLVC championships and have made 163 NCAA postseason appearances. Lewis has won the GLVC All-Sports Trophy 13 times and finished 28th overall in the 2014 Lear field Sports Directors’ Cup, in a competition that recognizes the nation’s top Division II intercollegiate athletic programs.
• Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, Colleges of Distinction, College Access & Opportunity and GI Jobs
• The only university in Illinois to be selected by the FAA to offer the Air Traffic Control program, and one of 35 nationally
• Nursing and Aviation students recently achieved 100% pass rate on certification exams