Waste Management provides a branch disposal service in conjunction with their yard waste program. Residents are already paying for this service as part of the residential disposal contract with Waste Management.
BRANCH PICK-UP GUIDELINES
- Branches will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service (April 1st - Nov. 30th).
- All yard waste and branches must be placed at the curb in accordance with regular trash regulations.
- Brush and branches must measure three inches or less in diameter.
- All branches must be cut into four foot lengths or less and bundled with string or twine. The bundle total weight should be 50 pounds or less.
- As of June 1, 2019, Waste Management will take over the Village's branch pick-up service. Branches placed on the parkway for pick up must meet all Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Chipper service is only available for two weeks following a major storm event.
- Chipper service is available during the two Clean Up Weeks per year: once in the Fall and once in the Spring.
- Residents are responsible for the disposal of any materials that do not conform to Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Seniors in need of financial assistance for tree removal should apply for funds through the Good Neighbor Fund in order to hire a contractor.
- Waste Management will not accept any limb in excess of three inches in diameter. If using a tree service for the removal of a tree, we recommend the contractor remove all the materials as well.