Operation Christmas is a program that connects Romeoville families who are struggling to purchase gifts this holiday season with area families, businesses, and organizations who want to help. Upon registering for the program, those seeking assistance will be able to put together a wish list for their children. Anyone adopting a family will be given this list of ideas to help them shop. Gift drop off and pickup will occur on different days to keep all participants anonymous and to preserve the magic of giving and receiving during the holidays!
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE:
If you are in need of assistance and would like your family to be adopted by area residents and/or businesses, you may register for the program by clicking here. Deadline to register is November 16, 2023. No registrations will be taken after this date.
In an effort to assist those most in need in our community, we will register people based on the number of years they have received assistance. Those who have been assisted through the program at least 3 times in the past 5 years will be placed on a waiting list. Determination as to their assistance this year will be made once donors and funds have been received for the program. All who register will be contacted about their acceptance into the program in early December with confirmation of their pick-up time. We try to accommodate all families as much as possible.
Requirements to qualify for this program are:
• Must be a resident of Romeoville (Romeoville postal address) with a photo I.D.
• Proof of current residency must be provided (utility bills, insurance premiums, etc. will be accepted)
• Proof of age of children being registered (school registration, school report card, birth certificate)
• Valid Social Security card for all people registering (adults and children)
• Proof of participation in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Women, Infant, and Children program (WIC); (a current notice of approved benefits from the Illinois Department of Human Services; this can be printed from their website at https://ebt-link.illinois.gov. or provided by the local office.)
• If documents are requested by the program coordinator for verification purposes, the resident must provide.
TO ADOPT A FAMILY:
Make Christmas more joyful this year by adopting a family through Operation Christmas. If you are interested in adopting a family, complete the form by clicking here. You will be contacted as soon as possible via email with your family information.
For each child ages 12 and under, please purchase at a minimum:
• 1 new outfit (shirt & pants)
• 1 new toy
For each child ages 13-18, please purchase at a minimum:
• 1 clothing gift certificate in the amount of $30
• 1 gift certificate for $20
For more information, call Kathy Beckmann at (815) 886-5711.
IF YOU CANNOT ADOPT, but would still like to contribute to the program, monetary donations or donations of hats and gloves are always welcome. Please call Kathy Beckmann at (815) 886-5711 regarding your donation.