Available April 1st through November 30th.
No appointment needed. Brush and branches will be picked up on your regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
• Brush and branches must measure between three and eight feet in length and may be up to
six inches in diameter.
• Brush must be stacked on the parkway in front of the home. Branches should be placed
lengthwise in the parkway. Branches can not be placed within the vicinity of any structure
(mailbox, fire hydrant, landscape bricks, street signs, existing trees, etc). Please also ensure
vehicles are not parked in the street in the way of safely removing the branches. If the
branches can not be removed safely with our equipment due to the location of the placement,
they will be tagged and not removed until the resident rectifies the issue.
• Branches for the chipper will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service,
or as soon as possible thereafter. (April 1st - November 30th). All branches must be placed in
the parkway prior to 7am on the day of your regular garbage service, no sooner than 24 hours
in advance. The Village does not follow Waste Management’s holiday schedule (we do not
run the chipper service on Saturdays). If a holiday occurs as your regular trash day, branches
will be picked up by the chipper service on the next working day.
• The Village is not able to trim trees or remove branches from any private property areas.
• The Village does have a program of trimming parkway trees. If you know of a tree that is
blocking view of a stop sign or traffic signal and needs immediate attention, please contact
the Public Works Department at (815) 886-1870.